Monday, August 30, 2010

Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World



So we splurged and went to see a movie this weekend. We just couldn't stand to wait any longer because every time a preview for Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World came on we both loled. Yes I just used lol as a verb. It's sarcastic. Anyways, it's only been out a few weeks but I could only find two theaters in our area playing it and the times were the super lame ones in the early afternoons. Not a good sign. We persevered.

Holy Cow. I think they made that movie for Trent and I and I think that's why it has seemingly flopped. We cracked up pretty much any time one of the characters opened their mouths and often even when there was no dialog involved. It was a little uncomfortable even because there were about 20 people in the theater and often we were the only ones laughing. And we were laughing really hard. Like borderline making embarrassing noises hard. It was brilliant! No words can describe the awesomeness thereof. You can watch a trailer here though.

Afterwords we decided you just have to be a hardcore child of the 90's to get it. And maybe a little on the dweeby side with a love for comic books and punk rock. Seriously. The Zelda references abounded. I guess we are just the right kind of dweebs.

3 comments:

Becca said...

"When peace returns to Hyrule, it will be time for us to say goodbye!" (Zelda)

Jessi said...

Dude, I can totally see you and your brothers getting this movie.

Becca said...

Ryan loved it...I have yet to see it.