Friday, December 9, 2011

REISS

So I'm on a continual mission to find dresses that don't need two things under and two things over to wear in public—some of you might have picked up on this by now! I just love the idea of throwing on a gorgeous dress and not having to mess up the design of it with one of those modesty tanktops. As much as they are a great invention I feel like in this day and age I should be able to find what I want! Well folks I have to say I'm getting pretty close with this latest store. I don't know if this is just a seasonal thing but REISS is rocking the sleeved-knee-length-awesome look. You didn't even know that was a look did you? NEITHER DID I...until now. Apparently Kate Middleton does a lot of shopping here and while I find her a little white bread, you've got to give the girl some props for playing the modesty card as a personal style. Check out these dresses from their website!





Too good to be true? Well it kind of is. These are all pretty pricy. They do have sales though—I'm tempted by this one:

Which is almost in the affordable range. Especially now that I waited too long and the modcloth dress is sold out. *sigh* There is something comforting in knowing they exist though isn't there?



7 comments:

Amanda said...

Ok, I'm in love! I love the blue one and the last one. unfortunately my closet is bigger than my wallet, haha.

MakieDoll | Makenzie Caine said...

these are all adorable! Thanks for opening up a whole new world.. xoxo

Jamie said...

Hi Jessi! I know it's been forever but I just saw the link to your blog on facebook and had to check it out. Nice work! I really love all the dresses from REISS so thanks for sharing. It seems like it's been so long since I wore a cute dress like that. I usually just resort to skirts and tops, but there is just something flattering about a dress... Hope everything is going well for you & Trent!

Jamie

KLBurnham said...

You have great taste! Have you heard of Shabby Apple?
http://www.shabbyapple.com/t-about.aspx
Their mission statement sounds very similar to what you wrote about not wanting to wear a dress with multiple layers above and below it. I bought a dress from Shabby Apple for my brother's wedding and I love it! They are a little more pricey than other modest options...but then again I'm a college student so my opinions of what things are "pricey" could be a bit skewed :P

Erin Starks-Teeter said...

The Reiss dress that Kate Middleton wore to meet the Obamas was knocked off immediately by a Chinese company. The knockoff is available on eBay. I'll admit, I was tempted...

sedromomma said...

LOVE the 1st one!

Katie said...

oooo. i love the blue one!!